Saturday, March 6, 2010

Train Tracks

When you first got your braces, do you remember that uncomfortable feeling of metal in your mouth and how akward it was closing your mouth? The first time I got braces, I was in second grade. I had them for about eleven months before the orthodontist let me pick out my glow in the dark, hot pink retainer. I was so excited to finally get them off, little did I know that in only five short years I would be getting them on again for my "second round".

The orthodontist said that I would have these braces for two years. Inside I was screaming because of the memories of being called brace face, train tracks and metal mouth, but on the outside I faked a smile showing those mini metal squares that were glued to my teeth. Everytime my tongue slid over them it felt wierd. I didn't like the new feeling in my mouth. Constantly I was feeling them and wishing that the odd sensation and pain would go away.

It's been twenty months since I've gotten them on and my day has finally come! On Thursday, March sixth at exactly nine-thirty I will be sitting down in an overused, too squishy, squeaks when you move, chair. I remember the feeling of my mouth cramping up when I had to leave it open when I got those suckers on, but hopefully I won't get cramped up this time.

Everyone says that when you get your braces off that your teeth feel huge and slimey. I wish I could remember what it was like but I can't, so I'm going to have to wait and see. I'm bursting with joy because I cannot wait until I get them off. I've waited long enough, yeah I know that it hasn't even been two years yet, but I've had them once before so my time is up!

I'll write next week telling you about my experience...I'm stoked to be getting them off! I'm almost bouncing off walls! (I wish I could really do that! It would be so cool!) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment