Sunday, December 13, 2009

What to do on a Snowy Day :P

If you know me, you will know that I absolutely hate the snow! I seriously wouldn't care if it never snowed again! Some people think that I would miss it, but really...I wouldn't! Snow is cold, wet, crunchy, hard, gross, yellow, brown, boring and it causes to much craziness! I hate the snow! But since we live here, I have to deal with it! About a third of the year here in Utah is freezing cold and about a fourth of the year it is covered in icy wet snow. Because I have to deal with it I have found things that I can do to have fun while the snow is here. This weekend I actually played in it! Crazy huh? I know! But I have to admit...it was a little fun. I'm going to share with you my cold, wet day.
It was three in the afternoon on a Saturday and I didn't have anything to do. I was already frozen as it was. I was sitting at my computer with three pairs of pants on, two shirts and a sweatshirt with a pair of fluffy pink socks. My sister and her friends were shouting and yelling as they climbed the stairs. They quickly got on their snow clothes and told me that they were going sledding but I had to go with them since they needed someone older than them to watch over them. Great! I thought, even more cold. I looked out the window and it was snowing again. I died inside. This season would never be over.
I called three of my friends and we were off! Just down the street from my house is a huge hill that was covered with snow that hadn't been touched. I set my sled down and kneeled down in the snow. I heard the loud crunch and sighed. If I got snow down in my shoes, in my shirt or down my pants, I would have to shoot somebody. My sister gave me a unexpected push and woosh!! I was off! The snow flew in my face making my teeth chatter. I squeezed my eyes shut, not wanting the snow to get into my eyes. And before I knew it, I had reached the end of the hill. I laid there, unmoving, staying as still as I could to see what my friends and sister would do. Seconds later they were calling my name and running down to help me. The were all crouched around me when I jumped up and yelled "Ahhaa!" They screamed and claimed they weren't scared. But I knew better!
After an hour of sledding, I couldn't feel my ears, nose, fingers or toes. I felt the ice cold snow melt and slowly slid down my spine. I hated the snow more than anything in the world. We climbed back up the hill and went to my house for hot soup. I loved the feeling of the hot liquid streaming down my cold throat. But we weren't done with the snow yet. My friends dragged me back outside and we made three snowmen! The snowmen were a family. My polygamist family. My husband, ET, was the largest one and he was in the middle. We admired our work and then we sled down to my other friends house for a movie.
We got there dripping wet. My hair was ruined, my mascara was running and I looked like rudolph. We changed into some sweats and crawled downstairs to sit by the warm fire and to watch one of our favorite movies, Pearl Harbor. If you haven't seen it, I highly recomend it. It is a very, I repeat very good movie.
So, all in all it was a pretty fun day. I woke up this morning and guess what? It snowed so much during the night that you couldn't even see our snowmen. And guess what else? Their heads had fallen off :( Sad, I know. But I've promised myself that when I graduate...I'm moving somewhere tropical! And I mean it! I hate the snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment