Sunday, November 22, 2009

Picking Classes for 10th Grade :)

Just this past week I have had the wonderful opportunity to meet with one of our great counselors at our school to discuss my progress and my plans for my future. They call this meeting an SEOP. I first sat down, not wanting to hear what he had to say because I am not quite sure what I am going to do with my life after high school. I'm thinking about teaching and nursing and child care. They would all be great things, but they would take up a lot of studying and school work. My counselor gave me a sheet of paper; on it were all the classes available to be taken. I picked out all the required ones and now it is time to choose the other ones. I asked my mom what she thought I should take, and let me tell you, that was a bad idea. She went off about which classes I should not take because it would never help me in my future life. I sort of agree, but I want to take some fun classes in high school.
So, obviously, there are some pretty big decisions that I have to make in the next couple months. I need to choose classes that will not only help me in high school and college but classes that will help me when I am graduated from college and married and have a family. My mom wants me to take the stupid classes that are college’s classes right now. But I am not sure if I want to do that because I want to have fun in high school and not work hard. But if I want that, then that means I am lazy. And that is not a good thing at all!But then again, hard classes will help me get done with college faster so that I can be free sooner. Do I want to do that now? Am I ready for all that responsibility?
Someday, I want to be known for my knowledge, responsibility and funny personality. So maybe hard classes are what I need right now. Man, who knew that picking out classes would be so hard! I will have to do some really hard thinking for the next months so that I know exactly what I am to do. Do I sound smart? I think I might, but I am not meaning to, so sorry. Ha-ha.
Hopefully, I will know what I am to do and when I get to college it will all work out for me because I made the right choice in high school. Sometimes, I admit, I just do not want to be successful and I just want to get schooling over with. But, that is not a good choice! I know that I am to go to college and get a good education, so that is why I need to pick the right classes to take now

No comments:

Post a Comment