Sunday, October 4, 2009

Trouble at Lagoon

Have you ever been to Lagoon and you see somebody with the police and you know that they are in trouble? Or have you ever been on the other end of that?
Well, when I was ten years old my friend, Devan, and I were riding the sky ride, when we decided to do something stupid. We hocked some loogies, found some people down on the ground, and we spit on their heads. We laughed and laughed, not thinking of what was going to happen when we reach the end of our ride. We did it again and we saw the ride was coming to an end.
Standing by the exit, full in uniform, and not looking too happy, was a police officer with his arms crossed. I gulped, thinking that my last breath was going to be soon. Why did I have to be so stupid? Maybe, just maybe that cop isn't waiting for us. Maybe he's just partolling the park.
I was wrong. He was waiting for us. I started to sweat as he pulled us to the side. "Were you girls spitting off the ride?" My heart skipped a beat and I didn't want to say anything. I was ten. How could I already be a criminal? I felt horrible.
We admitted to our wrongs and as a punishment, no we didn't get our passes taken away, but we got to clean all the bathrooms that Lagoon owned. Now, let me tell ya...that was not fun! I was so embarrassed as people walked in and out of the bathrooms, laughing at whispering about us.
I vowed then and there that I would always follow the rules at Lagoon and never even break the smallest one. I hated cleaning bathrooms, and cleaning them at Lagoon was a hundred times worse then cleaning them at home.
So, what I'm trying to say is, follow the rules because one day when you aren't following them you're going to get caught. And you aren't going to like the what they make you do to repay for your damage.

No comments:

Post a Comment