Sunday, October 25, 2009

Texting Vs. Calling

Have you ever gotten a text that sounds rude, but it could be meant in a good way? I have, and let me tell you, I'm not so excited about getting one because you don't know if they're mad or if they're okay with it. Do you know what I'm saying? I hope so.I admit sometimes I'd rather just text somebody so that I don't really know their real reaction but in some cases, it'd be better to just know. So that's where calling comes in. Adults usually will say, "Back when I was a kid, we didn't have cell phones that we could text with, so why don't you just call that person?” Whenever somebody says that, honestly, it drives me nuts. In my opinion, who cares what went on in the past? It's over! It's the twentieth century for goodness sake! Anyways, calling is good, I think when it’s with somebody you really want to talk with. I think texting is just a way to talk to people you really don't want to talk to.But don't get me wrong, I absolutely love texting. But if they didn't invent it, I think I'd live, unlike some people in this world. Ahem, not saying any names. Texting is good in certain situations. Like, when you're in a meeting and you can't call somebody, or when you secretly want to leave a party or a friend’s house, or when you want to tell somebody something without the whole world knowing, or if you can't call somebody at that moment. But people who text in class and just looking for ways not to pay attention, that sounds weird but it's true. People chose not to listen while in class so they do things so that they don't have to listen, and texting is a good way of how to do that.
Calling on the other hand, is a good communication tool that everybody should use a lot in their life. If you haven’t noticed, people who text all day and abbreviate words, end up not having good penmanship. Calling and actually talking to people will help your social skills, and it won’t ruin your penmanship.
Many of you who might read this will totally disagree with me, because they are the people who text all day and have troubles with their penmanship. When it comes down to calling or texting, just call them!

No comments:

Post a Comment